vineri, 3 august 2012

Absence makes the blog grow fonder

The thing I was most afraid of reared its ugly head - I procrastinated! It's been a little under a month since my last post and I promise I have some good reasons why I didn't keep my promise to update frequently. These past few weeks have been chaotic. I still haven't accomplished what I said I would last - signing the tenancy agreement and buying myself a plane ticket - only the last half of it. I am now sure that I will be boarding a flight to Luton Airport on September 14th, thank God! The bad news is..will I have to sleep at the train station?! That's right, I still haven't found a suitable accommodation,my previous plans fell through (again!) and I think I now know how to access the Flats/Houses classifieds section of the Gumtree website with my eyes closed. I don't know whether I'm too pretentious or finding a place to live really is that hard - I'm only asking for a bedroom that's within a reasonable distance (public transport included) from my university campus. I think spending 2 hours everyday (best case scenario) traveling back and forth between Uni and home would not reflect good on my studies, unless buses in England have separate compartments and a powerful laptop socket. Anyway, I promise I'll settle on something as soon as possible - worst case scenario , I can move after?

The reason why I've been so absent, besides my frantic searches, is one much more pleasant. I was on vacation in Greece! I spent 8 lovely days in the Moraitika resort, on the island of Corfu. It was amazing, even so because I had mentally waved goodbye to any vacation possibility this summer. I traveled by car, which can have both upsides and downsides, but 14 hours of driving later and ta-da! I was on the beach, sniffing the breeze and being caressed by the warm sun. We tried to do something different each day, like sight-seeing , museums, bathing in the sun in different resorts etc. I have just returned home this morning at 6 am, and I already miss it. Except for the day I got sick (just once, thank God, my boyfriend was not so fortunate though) from a mysterious stomach bug, flu or insolation , I can consider this one of my best summer breaks so far. I'm still wobbly and tired from the drive, even though I already slept for 6 hours today, so I'll spare you any useless commentaries of my own and leave you with some gorgeous pictures from my trip.

Have a great weekend!

Blue Lagoon, Corfu

Paleokastritsa, Corfu

Ordering pizza in Greece - wrong?

Sunbathing and Cosmo -  only the magazine though

Chicken souvlaki 

Souvenir

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu