joi, 12 iulie 2012

Newbie

Well, hello there, non-existent readers. As you can see, this is my first ever blog and blog post. I've read and followed blogs 'from a shadow' for a long time, but I haven't had the time or guts , I assume, to make one of my own. Fast forward to today, and I've decided to give it a shot, what's the worst that could happen ?
In my head, this blog would be about the student life, moving to a different country, university, food, style etc. Oh and also, to explain the name of the blog, the word 'serendipity' fascinates me, because it expresses something that happens to me quite frequently and also , there's no Romanian equivalent for it.

Here's some  fun  facts about me:
My name is not actually Madison ; that's a translation into English of my Romanian name ( Mădălina) , because foreign people find it hard to pronounce those weird sounds with the symbols above;
I've lived in Romania all my life (being born here) , but I've decided to move to the United Kingdom , Bristol more specifically, to study a degree in Journalism and Public Relations;
I've graduated from a Humanistic course in high-school , I took the Romanian equivalent of A-Levels/SAT/Selectividad (that's about it regarding my knowledge of foreign examinations) in Romanian Language and Literature, History and Geography ;
I have a passion for foreign languages, I've only studied Spanish and English (obviously) until now, but I'd love to learn Italian and Portuguese ;
I'm a big book,music and movie lover and also I like to write sometimes in my spare time, I've entered some short-stories competitions up until now;
I dream everyday of being a magazine journalist , that lives in New York City and makes a difference in the world with her writing ( I know - too much Sex and the City-esque fantasies in my head ) ;

..and that's about it for now, I'll try to update frequently and write interesting things, my life is pretty fast-paced right now since I'm trying to put everything in order before my big move in September.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu